6) Any optional services required for a boarded horse can be provided by John T. Higginson or office manager by provided instructions. If owner requests services from an outside source, including training, lessons, or any horse related professional service, the individual(s) must meet with prior approval with management of Eightfold Farms.
7) Owner shall not move or relocate horse temporarily, change feed, supplements, or services provided by Eightfold Farms without WRITTEN approval by authorized personnel of Eightfold Farms. Eightfold Farms may relocate horse on Eightfold Farms property temporarily due to emergency situations, or situations that involve the horse’s safety, or the safety of others. Relocation of horse on the property for any other reason done by Eightfold Farms will be met with agreement of the owner.
8) Owner agrees to assume all financial responsibility for physical and personal loss or damage/injury (including death) caused by owner, owner’s boarded horse, family or guests. Owner understands that he/she is responsible for all fees related to loss, damage or injury to include, but not limited to materials, labor, medical, replacement, and legal costs. Should owner’s actions or that of their horse cause injury or damage to another person or the property of any kind above normal wear and tear or property used by horses, owner and/or their own personal liability shall pay for such damages. This includes chewing and destroying fences, ripping apart buckets, pipe or stall damage caused by kicking, rolling, casting, biting, cribbing, chewing and any other vices.
9) Owner assumes all risk of loss by sickness of or injury to the boarded animal.
10) Owner agrees to indemnify and hold Eightfold Farms, Jack R. Gamble, Jr., LLC (property owner), Carol Gamble (co manager) and Hanna Gamble (co manager) harmless from any loss, damage, liability or expense caused by the actions of owner’s horse, owner, or owner’s guests.
11) Owner agrees to hold harmless both Eightfold Farms and its agents or owners connected with any treatment administered to the horse including, but not limited to injections, pills, and poultices. Owner is responsible to provide adequate exercise of each horse in turn out, riding, hand-walk (unless medically restricted) once every five days. Eightfold Farms will provide exercise if owner has not done so at the owner’s expense and the discretion of the ranch.
12) Owner agrees to pay all transportation costs for horse, incident to being boarded at Eightfold Farms. Eightfold Farms is expressly excluded from responsibility for the horse or insurance during transportation of said horse. If owner needs Eightfold Farms to transport animal, an agreement of fee will be made with owner and Eightfold Farms.
13) Owner understand his/her responsibilities to the other animal owners and covenants that his/her conduct and the conduct of the owner’s guests to behave at all times in a civil and safe manner. Owner acknowledges to have read a copy of the Eightfold Farms Rules. Owner agrees to vacate the property with loss of rents, deposits or any other monies paid or payable to Eightfold Farms for any violations of rules following written warning by Eightfold Farms of any violation(s).
14) Smoking cigarettes (including e-cigarettes) will not be permitted on the property. Individuals who appear to be impaired to the point of inhibiting their or others safety will be asked to leave immediately or proper authorities will be notified.
15) Owner may visit property on the working hours of operation 7 days a week from 8:00am- 5:00pm. Owner may visit property for use of horse and facility from the hours of 7:00-8:00am and 6:00-9:00pm with the knowledge that the office and/or management is closed. Special events may limit the use of facilities. Owner(s) will be notified in advance of such use of property. If owner needs special circumstances regarding hours, ex: horse shows, emergencies, please notify Eightfold Farms management.
16) This contract is automatically renewable on a month-to-month basis.
17) TERMINATION: The owner of the boarded animal(s) agrees to provide WRITTEN notice of departure on the first day of any month, one full month prior to terminating this agreement. This agreement is to remain in full force and effect until terminated by either party with no less than (30) thirty days of notice unless owner commits an unlawful or unethical act (including mistreatment and abuse of own animal or others) or does not follow guidelines set forth by Eightfold Farms, in which case the agreement will be immediately terminated. All fees will be due immediately and any deposits will be forfeited.
I have read and FULLY UNDERSTOOD the above terms.