A. Fees and Term
- $1,200 every 30 days
- 50% due at the time the horse arrives and 50% due at horse pick up
- Owner must submit a fully completed “Horse Information Sheet” at the time the horse is dropped off at Eightfold Farms. A template can be found attached at the bottom of this contract.
- The Owner agrees to abide by all the rules and regulations of Eightfold Farms. A full list of rules can be found on our website: Eightfoldfarms.com
- In the event someone other than the owner should call for the horse(s), the owner must notify Eightfold Farms via, phone or email 2 hours prior to visit.
Full Care Training Board
Includes the following:
- Feed 2X a day (Country Acres 12% protein, 6% fat), hay, pasture, alfalfa, daily turnout, stall or pen with shavings, daily stall cleaning, blanketing and adding owner’s supplements if desired.
- Unlimited use of the horse gym
- Holly Hill facility fee
- Training 5X a week
-Parelli – ground, trailer, and lounging
– Riding – Walk, trot, canter, poles, cavalettis, jumps, trails, cross country o – Lessons – can be exchanged for any of the 5 days of training with one day’s notice
The Trainer shall train horse and perform all services in accordance with generally accepted professional standards. Trainer cannot and does not guarantee the effect of the training program or that any particular results will be achieved, since this depends a great deal on the individual physical and mental ability of each horse. Trainer shall furnish all labor, provide suitable facilities and care for horse in an adequate manner with feed being determined by the Trainer. The Trainer has complete control over the manner of training and shall take all precautions for the proper performance thereof.
B. Risk of Loss
Eightfold Farms shall not be liable for any sickness, disease, theft, death or injury which may be suffered by said horse(s). This included, but is not limited to, any personal injury or disability the horse may receive or cause while on farm premises. Boarder agrees to hold Eightfold Farms harmless from any claim resulting from damage or injury caused by said horse(s) or boarder(s).
Under Louisiana law, an equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities, pursuant of R.S. 9:2795.1.
C. Emergency Care
Eightfold Farms agrees to attempt to contact boarder should we feel that medical treatment is needed for said horse(s); but, if Eightfold Farms is unable to contact boarder, we are authorized to secure emergency veterinary care required for the health and well being of said horse(s). All costs of such care shall be paid by boarder.
D. Health Requirements
Eightfold Farms requires a negative Coggins test on said horse(s) valid for 1 year. A copy of the Coggins test will be supplied to the farm upon arrival and on each renewal date. Eightfold Farms also requires that horses be vaccinated for tetanus, flu, rhino pneumonitis, Eastern/Western equine encephalitis, West Nile, and Rabies. It is also required that horses be placed on a regular worming program
E. Right of Lien
Eightfold Farms has a right of lien, as set forth in the law of the state of Louisiana, for the amount due for the board and keep of such horse(s),and shall have the right to retain the said horse(s) until the amount of such indebtedness is discharged. If the debt is overdue and is not repaid then the horse will be sold by Eightfold Farms after 30 days notice by certified mail to pay the indebtedness.
Horse owner is responsible for any costs associated with damages to facility caused by their horse.